WoW! I came home today from a wonderful Thanksgiving Meal with my lovely extended family and found to my surprise and delight that The Realistic Teacher had nominated me for a Liebster Award! Wow! I am so flattered!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our little pieces of cyberspace.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
So, Let's see 11 Random Things about Me:
1. I never thought that I would become a teacher. I was coerced into doing "Cadet Teaching" in high school because the program was failing and they needed people. So I tried it! I fell in love the first day and have never looked back
2. I hate cooking.
3. I am an avid reader. My youngest son is named after a favorite book.
4. I love animals and wish that I could have an alpaca.
5. I really am a huge teacher geek. I give my teacher friends office supplies for Christmas.
6. I have been keeping a written journal since I was 18. I have almost 20 years worth of written memories that I cherish!
7. I am not a fan of television. We recently went 8 months without a television and I didn't bat an eye. Take my computer away however and we will have issues!
8. I miss Indianapolis. I lived there for 5 years when I was first married and taught at a year round, multi-age school there. I love Indianapolis!
9. I crochet. I love making amigurami critters. It has been a while since I have had time though...
10. I bite my fingernails and wish that I could stop.
11. It took me 6 years to complete my Master's Degree. I did it one class at a time because I was full time teaching and had a toddler and an infant when I started.
Questions from The Realistic Teacher
1. What is your favorite genre? I love Historical Fiction.
2. Do you parallel park or find another spot? Find another spot.
3. Do you have any tattoos? How many? Of what? I have one small daisy tattoo that I treasure.
4. What is your favorite book? Grown-up book: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. Children's Book: Mrs. Beggs and the Wizard by Mercer Mayer.
5. When did you last laugh? 5 minutes ago reading to my oldest before bed.
6. Where have you traveled and what was your favorite place? Unfortunately I haven't had too many opportunities to travel. I have been to Maui though, it really is paradise!
7. Do you like to dance? I love to dance but I am not very good at it.
8. What is your favorite type of music? This will sound weird, but I am a huge Nine Inch Nails fan. I am also a fan of Classic Rock. My music tastes are very eclectic.
9. Have you ever, or would you ever, go skydiving or bungee jumping? I am not sure. I am not very adventurous, and I am afraid of heights, but catch me in the right mood and I just might!
10. Do you garden? Only if weeds count. I am really good with weeds!
11. If you could eat lunch with a favorite person who would it be? My darling husband. We don't get to spend enough time alone! :)
Blogs I am Nominating:
Questions for My nominees:
1. Besides blogging, what hobbies do you have?
2. What is the best book you have ever read (grown-ups and kids)?
3. What is your favorite color(s)?
4. Walking or running?
5. What is your favorite season and why?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. If you could meet one person (alive, dead or fictional) who would it be and why?
8. What is your favorite scent?
9. Are you on Pinterest? If so, what is your favorite Pin Board?
10. Dress-up or dress-down?
11. Apple or PC?
Don’t forget to leave me a link to your blog when you’ve answered! I can’t wait to read more about you and I hope you enjoyed learning a little something about me.